Words, stories and prompts direct from my journal to you.
Filtering by Category: fear
'How to tell the voice of fear from intuition'?
4. Trust yourself. I know this can be hard and the best piece of advice I've ever read about this is --- don't beat yourself up if you're Intuition is wrong, if you get it wrong. Practice Self-Compassion here.
Got that knot in your chest? Feeling a little (or a lot) meh? You know, mopey, procrastinating, watching series on netflix back to back, feeling stuck, moping around the house...
You've got a project you want to work on - application to study, a book you want to write, a business you want to start but you can't get yourself together enough to actually start (or continue) the damn thing.
I guarantee you'll feel BETTER if you quit engaging in the following behaviours;
2. JUDGING OTHERS (Judging others generally means you don't accept that characteristic or behaviour, or you exhibit the behaviour or characteristic but aren't aware so you project it, or there could be a level of envy or resentment)
3. Listening to the voice of FEAR rather than DISCERNMENT (hint: fear shouts while discernment whispers)
4. Playing the BLAME GAME (you could be avoiding accepting responsibility... among other things)
5. Engaging in VICTIM MENTALITY (what about me???)
6. PEOPLE PLEASING -- Get your FREE DOWNLOAD, 3 steps to stop people pleasing by clicking here
Becoming more aware of yourself - your thoughts and your behaviours - will enable you to see if you are engaging in these kinds of behaviours...
If you're reading this and identifying these behaviours but you're wondering, how the hell do I shift that? Start by just changing your state. Turn off the TV and on the music - dance, practice yoga, jump around. Take yourself on a walk, a jog or a swim. Get under a cold shower if you have to!
Pull yourself out of your slump because honey, no one else can do that for you!
1. Begin with a fountain of GRATITUDE. Acknowledge and appreciate all the good in your life and about yourself. Be specific. Eg. I'm grateful for the hair on my head, my blue eyes that see well, for my healthy body, my legs that walk me everywhere, my body that bends when I practice yoga... and on and on and on....
2. Write about everything you have achieved and accomplished so far.
3. Write out your dreams in positive, active language as though they are a reality NOW. What do you want in all areas of your life? How do you want to feel, who do you want to be, how do you want to spend your time?
(if you're feeling really down and this is wayyy too far, take it a step back. eg. Instead of staying "I earn millions of dollars" if you currently don't have a job and that seems ridiculous write about how abundant the world is and you know that there are lots of people in the world who were once in your position and now have millions so you can do it too. That you know you have a wealth of abundance within you to create and share)
4.. Write one action you will do today that will take you closer to this dream. One small step.
Don’t know what to be when you grow up?
Don’t know what your purpose is?
Don’t know what to do next?
I call bullshit.
And you know what?
I don't have all the answers for you like I promised in the title..
But YOU DO.
Deep down, you know. You know AND You ALWAYS have known.
You're just letting other voices get in the way. Read: Fear, doubt, limiting beliefs... lies.
But here’s the truth.
You get to choose.
Here’s the key to that sentence – YOU GET TO CHOOSE.
In every single moment, in every single situation – even if you don’t feel it is this way – you have a choice. You get to choose. Always.
So why are you running around trying to fill yourself with quick fixes, trying to quiet that inner voice with social media, books, conversation, alcohol, junk food, tv?
What you really need?
Where the answers lie?
In your heart.
Walking around with you every moment of every day.
Keeping you alive and speaking to you in quiet gestures.
If only you could silence the noise.
If only you could say no.
No to distraction.
No to procrastination.
No to friends (from time to time)
No to alcohol.
If you could sit still, be with your heart.
If you would listen.
Your answers, your meaning, your purpose, your next move, your next choice? It’s right there.
Just ask and Listen In well.
Your heart is always speaking to you.
So pull out your pen and paper and let it speak to you.
From my dear heart to yours,